Heat soak & my starter motor

There are several things which could effect no start when hot. First of which
is the posiblity of heat expansion due to the non stock manifold/ exhaust.  You
may try to rig a temporary heat shield to see if that improves the condition.
Failing in that I would suspect the starter itself. You say it is a rebuilt
from a chain store.They are not the best place to buy a rebuild from. I have
have some failures when I went that route. There may be some malalingment or
warpature in the shaft in the armature which when it heats up causes it to
bind. There is also the possiblity that the rebuilder did not do a proper job
cutting the comutator.Which you would not know with out disassembling the
starter.  I assume you did not have this problem with the old starter before it
gave up. Since it is life time  I would next proced to getting a different
starter. Good luck. keep the group informed on your progress
George

1964 LeBaron
Manteca, Ca