'66 headlights and radio

Hi all-
I'm confused about options for the lighting for a '66 Crown.  The owner's
manual says that the "automatic headlight beam changer" is optional; fine,
but mentions nothing anout the automatic "safeguard sentinel" option.  The
'66 service manual does not list anything on the beam changer, but DOES list
the "safeguard sentinel lighting system" (page 1-24), and even has a
picture, this is the automatic-on feature.  What's the story?  I always
thought the '66 was available with the beam changer option only, not the
safeguard sentinel??
Also, the owner's manual states that the search tune is available as an
option for AM/FM radios (page 22), but the service manual states (page 1-13)
that only the AM model is available with search tune.  Again, will the
correct info please stand up??
Thanks
Tom