51-52 Imperial

Well let's see 131 in. wheelbase "Imperial" on the dash and a stock Tag under
the hood (all with the original paint-sort of a mint green) However the tag
still has a 55 for model, ser. no.X99XX55
Any more info anyone ...Thanks

--- "Bill Watson" <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The 1951 and 1952 Chryslers came in two engines, four wheelbases, and six
>series.
>
>The Windsor and Windsor Deluxe were 6-cylinder models on a 125.5" wheelbase
>with 8-passenger models on a 139.5" wheelbase.
>
>The Saratoga was a V8 model on a 125.5" wheelbase with 8-passenger models on
>a 139.5" wheelbase.
>
>The New Yorker and Imperial/Custom Imperial were V8 models on a 131.5"
>wheelbase with no 8-passenger models.
>
>The Crown Imperial was a V8 model on a 139.5" wheelbase, all 8-passenger
>models.
>
>The series name was placed on the front fenders of the car and on the dash.
>Thus an Imperial would have "Imperial" on the front fenders and dash, while
>the Saratoga would have "Saratiga".
>
>The non-Imperial Chryslers got new tallights in 1952 with the backup lights
>in the lower section of the housing.  Have not been able to determine just
>what changes were done for the Imperials in 1952.
>
>Bill
>Vancouver, BC

The more you disapprove, the more fun it is for us.

Sign up for FREE email from Kiss My Ass at http://www.kissmyass.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag