51-52 Imperial

The 1951 and 1952 Chryslers came in two engines, four wheelbases, and six
series.

The Windsor and Windsor Deluxe were 6-cylinder models on a 125.5" wheelbase
with 8-passenger models on a 139.5" wheelbase.

The Saratoga was a V8 model on a 125.5" wheelbase with 8-passenger models on
a 139.5" wheelbase.

The New Yorker and Imperial/Custom Imperial were V8 models on a 131.5"
wheelbase with no 8-passenger models.

The Crown Imperial was a V8 model on a 139.5" wheelbase, all 8-passenger
models.

The series name was placed on the front fenders of the car and on the dash.
Thus an Imperial would have "Imperial" on the front fenders and dash, while
the Saratoga would have "Saratiga".

The non-Imperial Chryslers got new tallights in 1952 with the backup lights
in the lower section of the housing.  Have not been able to determine just
what changes were done for the Imperials in 1952.

Bill
Vancouver, BC