Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Generator cradle here!! Inquiry on 2-4barrel set-up

Dieter, I remember we had discussed your situation in the past.  THe original
331 w/ single carb was certainly not slow (I am sure it was thirsty).  So, the
problem you had was most likely due to a bad carburetor rather than a design
improvement due to the dual carb.  1000 cfms is certainly extremely overkill
for a small 331 (especially if you have the original cam).  My guess is that a
single carburetor would work better for your car regarding economy and low
speed response, and given your stock cam, may have little to no effect on the
upper end (ie, at 4500-5000 rpm, the valvetrain and head will be your main
restriction rather than the carburetor).

I understand that your system now works and looks good, so I am sure you will
hesitate to change it now.  I would probably do the same thing.  But if Dougs
single carb setup works, he might not get any benefit (other than under-hood
looks) by doing the conversion, unless he also replaces the cam, and may be
some exhaust work...

D^2