Is it Raffi off the list? (was Question for seller --Item #2400622142
From: Raffi Kondy <raffi19@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:14:00 -0800
The real Raffi in SF here.
Just to clear up all the confusion, I am not the Raffi
selling the 63 on Ebay, as that Raffi has an LA area
code, and I'm in SF, but what a coincidence, because
I have the 2 door version of the car pictured in the ad!
I was scanning ebay motors and all of a sudden, I see the
the 2 door version of my 62, same color (silver lilac), and then
I look a little further down and discover that the guy who's
selling it is also named Raffi, which is an uncommon name.
What I don't understand is that the picture in the ad
is not the car being advertised, not by a long shot.
It also has a reserve price of 16,900 which is pretty astonishing
for a 62. Anyway, I too might be selling my Imp because
I just can't bear to keep it on the street anymore, and I don't
want to see it rust away. It needs somebody with the money to
restore it properly and a garage, too.
Raffi
on 1/21/03 4:10 PM, A. Foster at monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Dick;
> The fellow selling this car is likely not on the list. The Raffi that you
> are thinking of was in the S.F bay area. I also seem to recall that he was
> working on a 62' Imperial that belonged to his dad. The E-Bay car is for
> sale in the L.A area and it looks like a dealership named "Sumbe-
> Authentics" is flogging the car not a private seller. They seem to
> specialize in European cars though judging by their other auctions.
> Best Regards
> Arran Foster
> 1954 Imperial Newport
> Needing a Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.
>