Virgil Exner, Jr. Conversation Now Available

Virgil Exner, Jr. Conversation Now Available

Mike,
Finally got caught up and read your interview with XJR. One word:
INCREDIBLE. And, I'm very impressed with the layout of the article. The
whole thing made me run around the web looking up references of the cars you
guys talked about. This was a very special event in the life of the Imperial
Club. I guess you could call it your "brush with greatness" :-).

My understanding is that, if the gunsight taillights, fins,  and
free-standing headlamps were the true expressions of "Exner", then we all
would have to choose the '61 (or '62 depending upon how you define "fins")
as the ultimate Imperial. And it's color should be black!

I owned several of the F*rd's of that period as well. My 71 Lincoln Mark III
(burgandy inside & out with a black canvas roof) was my favorite. I had the
chance in the 80's to ride in a Stutz Blackhawk. Reminded me of a customized
Grand Prix (which I think they were based on).

Anyway, thanks for doing the interview and especially in sharing the whole
story with us!

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.io.com/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html