Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 9:55 AM
Subject: IML: Budd brakes...and stuff

Hi,
   So, amongst all this good info on these brakes I wonder if I missed something. Do we know for sure what year range the Budds were used and were they used exclusively in this range with no other types mixed in? I also vaguely remember a conversation about whether the rotors can be turned at all quite a while back but I don't remember the end result. Also, When we first got ours, my youngest(thinking he wanted to be a mechanic)had the rear drums off and when he put them back on, he left off the long spring that wraps around the outside of the drum. Don't know why it was taken off, but, anyway, I don't know where it went and I'm wondering what it's  purpose is and if it's really necessary.

Thanks,
Dave
67 Haze Green Sedan
Covington, Wa.