From: <d_barker@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 8:55 AM
Subject: IML: Budd brakes...and stuff

> Hi,
>    So, amongst all this good info on these brakes I wonder if I missed
something. Do we know for sure what year range the Budds were used and were
they used exclusively in this range with no other types mixed in? I also
vaguely remember a conversation about whether the rotors can be turned at
all quite a while back but I don't remember the end result. Also, When we
first got ours, my youngest(thinking he wanted to be a mechanic)had the rear
drums off and when he put them back on, he left off the long spring that
wraps around the outside of the drum. Don't know why it was taken off, but,
anyway, I don't know where it went and I'm wondering what it's  purpose is
and if it's really necessary.