[mopar33lv6] Imperial Parts Costs (was: hello)

[mopar33lv6] Imperial Parts Costs (was: hello)

Any chance you can find out for me how much those
yards would want for the front ends of one of these 2
Imperials? As I need the following:

Front bumper
Front grills
>From headlight & blinker assemblies (including the
electrical motors for the folding headlights, etc)
Center nose piece
Possible radiator mounts

None of my local yards have (or have had) any 90's
Imperials- so if any of you all come across these, let
me know.

It would be cheaper to just get a parts Imperial and
strip it- but I can't own a parts car in my area, and
don't have the extra time & cash for a temp storage
area.

Anyone wanna find a parts imperial (90's) strip it,
and go in half/half with me for the cost? I wouldn't
mind dishing out a hundred or so with someone else to
get an Imperial- so long I get the front end. I'd also
wouldn't mind having the A604 (as a spare), the front
valve cover for the 3.3, and the lower intake
manifold... but I'd only have to get the front end.

'course unless the car is near central NY state, I
doubt I'd be able to help rip it apart!

Ever checked www.car-part.com for these front end
parts on a 90's Imperial? Most places want $800-1200
(US) for just the center nose piece! I bet that's more
then most shops have invested in buying a junker
imperial.

Be kinda great if anyone needing 90's Imperial parts
got together, made a list of who wants what, chiped
in, and did this. Figure I alone want some parts,
others on the 3.3 list would want some others, Brad et
al on the Imperial list may want some others. Figure
3-4 people giving $150 (US) would be able to buy a
$450-600 (US) parts car... which is normally more then
enough (I rarely see parts cars go over $400 unless
it's something really special- not that a 90's
Imperial ISN'T special- it's just not a Shelby Cobra,
R/T Charger, or "collectable" model).

But I guess this is all wishful thinking, as someone
would have to be willing to find the car, get it
transported somewhere, tare it apart, then package and
ship the parts while getting a little back from those
wanting them... makes it easy for someone to see why
some yards charge so much.

Guess I'm just so used to restoration projects like
our Saab where other collectors commonly have 3+ parts
cars and are often willing to ship you something you
need for a little $$. Hell, we striped something like
a half dozen Saab's to restore that thing, and have
enough parts to almost make a few complete models.

BTW- I'm going to make a database on the 3.3 group's
main page which could be used for people to post all
their wish-list of Imperial parts (90's). Then IF
someone ever gets a part Imperial, they could at least
try to get rid of some of what they aren't using
before the car gets crushed!