1973 idler arm conversion problem - Franken-Imperial

1973 idler arm conversion problem - Franken-Imperial

Title:
Wow, hope  I haven't created a monster!  I was informed of this substitution by one of my Imperial customers who heard of it from other Imperial owners.  I believe he returned the "authentic" idler arm he purchased from us in favor of this economical substitute.  I have had others use this arm with no problems.  The wheels should be aligned after as with any steering component replacement.  The geometry will be correct straight ahead but the toe in will increase as the wheels are turned from center.  If anyone is unsatisfied with their purchase from us we provide a no hassle refund.  Please note that it is not my intent to peddle something unsuitable, but just passing on an option to the higher cost exact part that we also offer.
Jim

Robin Giesbrecht wrote:

Jim at collectorsautosupply.com has posted a message offering these idler arms for $95.00 . He is genuine as he lives about 10 miles from me and I have dealt with him.Helped find me a tie rod end when everyone else came up with either nothing or very overpriced parts.I would give him a try. I would not use the C body idler arm as the geometry is wrong.

Robin Giesbrecht
1972 Imperial

CollectorsAutoSupply

Jim Carpenter