69 Brake Pads/wheel interchange

My everlasting thanks to Mike Pittinaro for the info on the Supra rotor
conversion. Now  I just need to find out where to get new pads.  Someone has
mentioned NAPA but my local NAPA pleads Ignorance.

Regarding wheel interchange, I have some information to share for what it's
worth.  1.  For the 67-70 models (5 on 5") GM light truck 2whd  wheels are a
ggod fit and are available in both 7" and 8" widths.  These only require the
switch to 13/16" lug nuts and the wheels are usually zero offset. With wheel
covers on , no one will know you have cheapened your Imperial with GM wheels.
        2. For the pre67s, a 5 on 5 1/2" pattern is used and although this was
the pattern for ford 1/2 ton trucks, vans and Bronchos, beware!  The early
wheels were not designed for disc brake caliper clearance. In my personal
experience the best of these are the Ford supplied 15 x 7" that were on many
Bronchos and F150s.  These can be identified by the rather standard size hub
hole, as opposed to the generic 5 on 5 1/2" (15 x 7 or 15 x 8") which has a
very large hub hole to fit Jeep and Scout front hubs. This is one area where
the famous Mopar interchangeability can be a problem IE. the Dodge light truck
wheels (for some recent years) will physically fit, but the offset can be a
problem (as I recall it is too much positive offset)
        3. Someone questioned the need of wider than 6" wheels for my 69
LeBaron.  Well, I can't speak for the tire industry, but I'm firmly convinced
from years of Mopar experience that a 235/75 R 15 tire on a 6"  is not an
optium situation and that handling and tire mileage can be improved with a
slightly wider rim.
        4. Not being very familiar with 1953 and earlier Imperials I'm curious
hhow one gets by the problem of Mopar  wheels of that vintage not being
designed for tubless tites.
  Enough already...

     Jim/69 LeBaron coupe ( and several other orphans (International
Travelalls))