On the road again

The traditional quick fix is to run a heater hose from the block outlet to the block inlet.  I've never heard of capping off the pipes.  Seems like the cap would be prone to coming loose, and that there might be other problems such as the water pump, as the heater hose bypasses the thermostat.

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66 Plymouth, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA