On the road again

Today was one of those beautiful days where everything I did worked out perfectly. I started out by removing all the coolant hoses from my '59 Imperial, and found that I didn't need to put in any new hoses at this time, since I'm not running any to the heater core right now. All I had to do is cap off the two pipes at the top of the block, much easier than I was expecting. Then I went to start the car, and it started by the sixth crank, much better than the twelve or so it was taking before, and that was after it was sitting for a week. I then took it out for a spin, and found it to be running a few degrees cooler than before, probably since the water didn't have to circulate through the broken heater core, and rusted out water filter. I found it still has all the power to get it up in excess of freeway speeds, but is still not kicking into passing gear. My creaking front end was also absent, but this maybe to the 80 degree temperatures we had today. All in all it was a beautiful Imperial day, and she even got washed and polished, and is looking like a star!
Bill '59 Crown