one question please

 Guys & Gals,
        I am not against changing anything to keep the car on the road. I have been known to fabricate brackets to make things work to keep the car on the road. The only point I was making is that there are no part stores in America, that does not have on it's shelf, a Chrysler alternator. I sell around 3 a week in a small town outside of Atlanta. I do think though, when you choose to restore an Imperial it is different than if you picked a Nova.
        First, simplicity is no longer a factor. We know our cars are special. We understood going into it that it would be a lot easier to restore a Nova or Mustang but everyone does that.
       Second, there is an image that must be upheld that the Imperial in it's day, was the car of cars, that stood for excellence without compromise. How many heads has everyone in here turned over the years with people marveling at your car. It will always stand out because all those years ago, they were built to stand out. And now after all this time, they are still standing strong.
       It's really funny that I noticed that no one said anything bad about putting a 426 hemi in an Imperial. I admit it is a cool thought for a second until reality comes to mind. That engine would look a lot better in a 'cuda or Charger. Besides, who in here would complain about the 440's, the 413's, the early hemi's that was put into the Imperials. All were great engines.
       I may be a real die hard Imperial guy. I know that others may take a different direction, and to them, good luck. But there may be a time in here that someone starts talking about how much easier it would be to run a non-mopar motor in a Imperial. That would be very sad. I just think we picked a special car, and we must carry on its legacy in as true of glory as we can. The biggest automotive injustice out there is there are no new Imperials for us to drive. But maybe one day...If we pray to the Mopar God, he will give us one.
Thanks for everyones help,
Ray

P.S.  After proof reading this, I realize that I love my car too much. LOL