one question please

Ray-
I agree with you in principle-when I changed my 64 Imp over to the isolated-field alternator,and the electronic ignition that required it,I used a new Mopar unit-I found in the junkyard!10 BUCKS(sometimes  people give their cars away with parts they just put on,not taking the trouble to pull them.I keep an eye out for these)Personally,I also balk at putting other car makers parts  on my Mopars-if I can help it.But those who put the GM alternator on their cars-after all,it being THEIR cars-probably do so because   A)They like the simplicity of the single-wire hookup  B)The GM units are ,as a rule,higher amperage units than most of our Mopars(90 vs. 60) and  C)Like it or not,the GM units tend to have a flatter volt-amp curve,especially at lower rpms,than our beloved Mopar units.And because maybe,in some parts of the country,it may be all they have on hand,or can get cheaply,or whatever.And believe me,if " worst come to worst",I would not be above(or beneath)a little michievous filing to remove any GM&nbs p; letters off the part,if it meant keeping my Mopar on the road,or not!(joking)