Why GM anything

 Hi all; I meant no offense to anyone when I mentioned using a non mopar
alternator on our 67 Imp. Our Imp. Is my wife's daily driver. She literally
drives it daily. We use it for 300 mile trips about twice a month. She makes
a solo trip from Sacramento to Portland several times a year in this car.
That is 600 miles each way. We love this big beautiful car, but I will not be
blind to it's inherent shortcomings. There are many areas where improvements
can be made in performance and reliability. I have electronic ignition and a
Delco alternator on our car for reliability and ease of availability if
she ever needs repairs away from home.
I also have an Edelbrock carburetor (it works and doesn't need attention all
the time) , cast aluminum valve covers (the don't warp and leak), a chrome
air cleaner with cleanable element, a relocated oil filter (for ease of
changing and not rubbing holes in the lower radiator hose). Our car also has
a class three (3,500 lb. rated trailer hitch, adapted from a Cadillac).
    While I love and admire correctly restored cars, I have no use for a
trailer queen.
I will use whatever I think works best to keep our car drivable and dependable
    Larry
    MULLIC5@xxxxxxx
    67CROWN 4DRHT