Myths..auto that is.

Title: Re: IML: Myths..auto that is.
I was in this situation once. I used an air chisel to cut into the nut and then turn it to get it loose. Worked well, but you have to be very carefull or you will trash your wheel.

Another way I have heard people doing is buying a quality socket that will just not quite fit over the lock and driving it on with a hammer, then use your breaker bar to remove. Of course you are sacrificing the socket to save the wheels.
Brian

thought i'd add onto this one cuz i heard sum great advice at work onces... (i work at a fleet farm selling tires and etc)
so 2 guys come in and pose the question, i have a car with a locking lugnut, but no locker, how do i get if off. so of course i told them, well u can try the junk yard to see if they have a locker or otherwise go to the manufacturer, well this one lady says "what i'd do is take one of those 4 way lug nut things (tire iron) and find a size that u can slide it over, then jump on it and break it off, your only need 4 lug nuts anyway"