carburetor success!

I didn't touch the float adjustments, and left them exactly as they were. I had to take them off to get the new gasket in, and I just cleaned them up a bit. Since I had no idea what to adjust, and they didn't seem to be causing any problems, so I left them alone. I did take off the tiny plates on the top of the carb, and had some spring loaded things jump out, which were very difficult to get to go all the way down so I could put the plates back on. They each had a long rod which went through the carb, but I couldn't figure out what their function was. I figured maybe something to do with the choke? I'm just glad I got it all back together again without any spare parts laying around. I even figured out which rod I took the tiny clip off of!
Bill '59 Crown