Winter storage

Careful with the tarp.  Tarps are a mixed blessing.  Yes, they keep snow and other things off the car, and keep frost off the vinyl top (frost is very bad for a vinyl top).  However, every time the wind blows that tarp will rustle a bit, rubbing like sandpaper over your nice shiny paint.  I've seen a few cars come out from under a tarp with ruined paint.  If you must use the tarp, make sure it is well secured.

I would also change the oil before you park it to reduce the amount of corrosive acids that collect over time.  Don't know if I'd go so far as to remove the battery altogether, but disconnecting it isn't a bad plan.

James

grandpa and cheryl wrote:

In the next couple of weeks I will be retiring Genie for the winter.It gets very cold here and we get alot of snow.I dont have a garage to keep her in but I will be covering her with a tarp.Besides the obvious things like removing her battery and making sure the anti-freeze is up is there any suggestions as to what else should be done.Im hoping to keep her mobile as on a nice day I think it would be good for her (and me)to drive a few blocks.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Tony 1972 Imperial LeBaron(Genie)        1987 Chrysler LeBaron(Teenie)cause she is