Final Harmonic Balancer Symptom?

Quoting Ahogangoat@xxxxxxx:

> So first the balancer goes bad showing no symptoms or is there some sort
> of
> vibration?   And then the crank eventually breaks?
>
> Tim

Unfortunately, this is "torsional" vibration.  What that means is that the
crankshaft twists periodically while it rotates many thousand times per
minute.  This vibration is not transferred to the block or the engine, so you
won't feel it.  Mikey's suggestions on how to see it coming make sense.  But I
don't think its worth loosing sleep over it, it rarely happens.
D^2