Vinyl Top Emergency!!!

I am thinking of having a vinyl top put on my '71 and had a question.
After talking to my local upholstery/auto top guy-- who restores old
Mopars-- he said he could buy a kit, or a pre-cut top for my Imperial.

My concern is the seams.  I like the way the original seams on the
Chrysler & Imperial tops look, and I'm worried that a pre-cut top will
not look right.

Kerry Pinkerton pointed out to me the area where the difference is most
noticeable: the rear.  (Around the backlight)  When you stand directly
behind the car and look at an original top, the seams are almost
perfectly vertical and parallel to each other.

This is hard to describe in words.  What I mean is, the seam goes like
this:

WINDOW

On an aftermarket "kit," they look like this:

WINDOW

This is a poor respresentation, but hopefully you get the idea.  The
seams spread out toward the bottom.  They are straight if you lay the
vinvyl on the ground, but when you wrap the straight edge over the
curved roof, the line doesn't stay straight.

My question is, can you buy the vinyl in uncut sheets?  Has anyone done
it that way?  Or do I HAVE to get a "kit?"

Thanks, Mark