Swapping Imperial Parts

At 06:39 AM 4/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Just for some background my Nissan 300ZX is a 1991 and is also an extinct
>automobile, since they no longer make them. It has around 130,000 miles on
>it and is running great, but it's value is such that I could sell it, and
>buy the other Imperial, and still have around $5,000.00 to put into the
>Imperials. What would you do?

Bill, I have 2 68's and the reason I bought the second (the LeBaron or Le
Baron, or whatever) is A) reliability of 2 old cars rather than one, and B)
I will be able to start doing work on the Sedan, while I still have a car
to stay mobile.  Well, the $ I spent on the LeBaron is setting back the
repair schedule for my other 68.  But I am not regretting my purchase
because the LeBaron is so enjoyable.  Coming back to your situation, having
2 old cars will definitely give you more reliability that 1 older car.  The
Nissan is probably more reliable than any 40 year old car, but these modern
cars age fast.  When they start giving problems, its like a chain
reaction.  I don't know how close your car is to that situation, but it may
not be too far.  If you have to rebuild the engine in, say, 20-50K miles,
its not going to be cheap.  Hugh is a banker, so he may know a few things
about vehicle values, but I seriously doubt the resale value of the Nissan
is going to go up.  Modern cars loose value, so the sooner you sell, the
more you get out of it (I may be wrong Hugh, but that's what I think, your
VW is a totally different thing, being cabriolet and somewhat older).
D^2