1953 chrysler crown imperial

Hi Jerry, welcome to the club.  I have a 53 manual I bought when I first got my 54 (http://dte.net/57imperial/54saga).  I later found a 54 manual and will sell the 53 for the 50 bucks I gave for it.  Email me privately if interested.  I can also talk with you about some of your questions but many can/should be answered on the mailing list as others may be interested.  Engine rebuilds are easy as many places sell hemi parts.  Rebuilding the powerflight is a bigger challenge not from a parts basis but simply finding someone who will work on it.  The list is a great resource for references.  Rubber may be hard to find and I have NOT been able to find a replacement for the stiff 'hogshair' carpet.  Mine is shot also and because mine is a low mileage original, I have not replaced it, instead, I put a full width rubber floormat over the front.  The back is still presentable.

Kerryp

  Jerry Hesch <jerry@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

greetings, i jus obtained this baby a few weeks ago and am enjoying getting it road worthy.  it is driveable now but at some point a tranny and engine rebuild are in oreder, has very minimal rust, needs sanding and paint, body is excellent no dents whatsoever,  do you know of a source of the following:
repair manual
rubber seals for windows
"                " body
front end parts
floor "upholstery"
and it would be nice to know who else out there has the same vehicle or experience with it.
thank you very much
Jerry the Hesch

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Greetings - send greetings for Easter, Passover