1958 stuff

Here are some of the images I have been posting about recently.

http://www.58imperial.com/advertising

There is the cover from the Auto Show magazine and the two pages given to
the Imperial.  There is also the Time magazine photo, plus the picture of
the 1958 LA showroom.

(My thanks to the several people who sent me the Los Angles showroom
picture.  It's sooo cheesy!)

All of these images will end up on OIC once I can figure out a way to get
better quality images to it.  The quality on my site ain't so hot, but it's
acceptable for a low traffic site.  I have been having a crash course in
image quality control.  The originals are often very big and printed using
little dots.  Look at the image with a magnifying glass and you'll see what
I mean.  In order to get a really good image, you end up with a file with
around 850,000 bytes, or is it megabytes.  I don't know.  All I know is it
can take over an hour to e-mail it to someone, and their poor inbox!
Stuffed to the gills.  The trick is to compress them somehow but still have
acceptable image quality.  Plus, you guys need to have a reasonable
expectation that you can download it yourselves within this lifetime.

My hat is off to the likes of Mike and Christine Trettin, who make this
stuff seem easy.  I don't find it easy at all.  But despite that, I am very
determined to complete a project once I get started.  It's my Anglo-Irish
heritage.  Not easy to work with, sometimes, but results driven.

Hugh