Where's my vacuum gone? (Longish)

At 12:29 PM 2/19/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>There is not enough
>vacuum generated while I am cranking the engine to operate the vacuum motor
>that closes the restictor.
May be your starter is weak and can't turn over the engine fast enough to
generate manifold vacuum.  If that's not the case, its quite likely that
the cam profile of your 413 is a lot more "aggressive" than your Caddy's,
so the vacuum is by design lower.  If its the second, there is little you
can do about it.  Why don't you just fire up your car on gasoline, and once
running switch to propane?  I can see the advantage on starting with
propane to avoid rich gasoline mixture, but sometimes, we can't have it all!
D^2