Where's my vacuum gone? (Longish)

Tony,
Yes, a 12 volt vacuum pump does exist! Cadillac used them on their 1985-1987
C-bodies (devilles, fleetwoods) because the (now infamous) 4100 motor
couldn't pull enough vacuum on its own.  The pump was mounted under the left
front fender ahead of the wheelwell. They should be plentiful in junkyards.
I hope this helps you.

Randy
73 Imperial LeBaron 4 dr. HT