Making Patch Panels

Hello Gang;
 Since Phil and I are on the topic of the ethics of harvesting patch panels
from donor cars I figured that I should steer the discussion in a more
productive direction. Is there anyone out there that makes patch panels for
Imperials or other large Chryslers? Since the main reason for cannibalising
a roofed car to fix a convertible is usually due to the amount of rust in
the vert's body I think that making patch panels available would cut down on
the carnage.
  Going back to what we know about our favourite marque every generation of
Imperial carried the same sheet metal, minus fins, over several years. For
example the 1957 to 1963 models all had very similar fenders, door panels,
and quarter panels over this period. The main differences were in the
grille, the fins, and the jewellery. Likewise the 1964 to 66 models had
similar contours between body panel over those years. At the same time we
also know that each generation of car was more susceptible to rust in
certain locations of the body then cars of another generation.
 If we know these things then we will know which patch panels to have
produced for what areas of the car. For instance one series may be more
prone to rotted quarter panels then to, say, rotted rocker panels. Another
may have the floor rot out more often then the door bottoms. Of course any
of our cars could have any of these problems but it would give us an idea of
which sheet metal parts to have reproduced first for which cars. By far the
most practical and economical parts to have made would be patch panels.
Granted, this wouldn't help the poor soul with a badly crunched fender but
fortunately those types of project are few and far between. For the vast
majority of projects it would not make economic sense to have whole quarter
panels or fenders reproduced.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.