which should i get fixed first

i have a problem with me '71 IML LeBaron 4 dr. hard-top...

i have basically no shocks...i feel every bump.....Literally every
bump...from the littlest dip to the barely a pebble rock...i also have a
bushing problem...there r none....
i can buy some heavy duty shocks but will that fix the bumpy ride...

secondly, i have an exhaust leak...my muffler is basically hang on by a
thread....should i get the exhaust fixed which will give me better gas
mileage since i don't drive often(actually everyday but i only ride to work
and back...nothing else)..

i have a  real dilemma