I DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID YESTERDAY.....I MESSED UP MY ENGINE

I DID SOMETHING VERY STUPID YESTERDAY.....I MESSED UP MY ENGINE

Jason,  Did the oil have a detergent after (AFTER) the engine was used to a non-detergent oil? Wait a day or so and if the engine still knocks then consult a mechanic.  Sometimes an engine that has been primarily non-detergent will knock because it is reacting to the cleansing and it could have possibly shocked the system. Don't start to fret until a mechanic has listened to the combustion and diagnosed the knock. From my experience the knock may dissappear overnight or in a very short time.  If it continues to knock then try gastrol and a napa filter.....then drive the car at expressway speed and wait for a silencing of the knocks.  A mechanic could tell you if it is a seriious problem.