From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:21 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Tires for '66 & Wire Wheels

Hi All....In going through some of the TONS of info on the club website I came
across a few articles and a number of E-mail comments regarding using
'three-Ribbon' Whitewall tires and suppliers of 'original style' whitewalls for
a 1966. Several Makers were mentioned (like Kelly, Coker and Firestone) and a
numer of IML members put in their 2 cents worth (some more!) about which product
is better/correct/available or not/etc. None of the 'comments' I read had
anything to show just 'when' a particular bit of info was from? (meaning what
year!!). As I am going to be looking for a new set of tires for a 1966 very
shortly, I would appreciate any input from any member who has recently gone
shopping for his own set of tires (for a '66) and what they found available out
there today!...also, where you might be located (I am in southern California).
Who was their supplier and what was a 'reasonable' expected price to pay? Also,
is there such a thing as an 'acceptable alternative' as to tires for a '66, if,
the 3-ribbon whitewalls are just not anywhere to be found (without taking out a
2nd mortgage)?????
I also was wondering if anyone knows if wire wheels were even an option !! for
Imperials in 1966? Has anyone put a set on their car ?
Thanks all!!!
Dan Melnik