Re: IML: Tires for '66 & Wire Wheels

Hi All....In going through some of the TONS of info on the club website I came across a few articles and a number of E-mail comments regarding using 'three-Ribbon' Whitewall tires and suppliers of 'original style' whitewalls for a 1966. Several Makers were mentioned (like Kelly, Coker and Firestone) and a numer of IML members put in their 2 cents worth (some more!) about which product is better/correct/available or not/etc. None of the 'comments' I read had anything to show just 'when' a particular bit of info was from? (meaning what year!!). As I am going to be looking for a new set of tires for a 1966 very shortly, I would appreciate any input from any member who has recently gone shopping for his own set of tires (for a '66) and what they found available out there today!...also, where you might be located (I am in southern California). Who was their supplier and what was a 'reasonable' expected price to pay? Also, is there such a thing as an 'acceptable alternative' as to tires for a '66, if, the 3-ribbon whitewalls are just not anywhere to be found (without taking out a 2nd mortgage)?????
I also was wondering if anyone knows if wire wheels were even an option !! for Imperials in 1966? Has anyone put a set on their car ?
Thanks all!!!
Dan Melnik