IML: Why Imperial Over Cadillac & Lincoln?

IML: Why Imperial Over Cadillac & Lincoln?

On being discharged from the Navy @ the
age of 21 in 1950 I needed a set of wheels.  I didn't know diddly squat
about
Imperials & thought of Cadillac & Lincoln
as being "Rich Man Cars". Not knowing the veracity of used car salesmen,
I plunked down $300.00 for a 1939 DeSoto.
The exact amount of my mustering out pay.  What a coincidence!

I landed a job with the local Chrysler Dealership, washing & greasing
cars. A job I dislike to this day!  I also under  coated cars which gave
one a mild buzz.

I graduated  to on job training under the
G. I. Bill. I never dreamed of owning an Imperial. Even when under
coating cars!
I was impressed with Chrysler engineering & the ease of maintenance
over & above other automobile manufacturers although the body styling
of the late 40's & early 50's left something to be desired.

I've never owned a "New" car & recently
tried to remember how many vehicles I've
had over the years. I counted 42 plus some I can't remember. Most have
been Chrysler products.

As for owning an Imperial, it was just a stroke of luck! I brought my 37
Airflow
home from San Francisco one Saturday
& was told of the 1939 C24 by a friend
on Sunday. I purchased the C24 over the
phone the following  Tuesday not knowing
it was a recognized Classic by the CCCA.
I bought the car as a Hobbiest looking for  a project for restoration &
not particularly
for being a Chrysler product. However,
I'm pleased that "Dumb Luck" has it's
benefits.   :)