IML: dumb 1982 Coupe carb'd question

OK, this may be a dumb one, but....

I understand the carbureted versions of the '80s Imperials used virtually
an identical engine/carb/fuel setup as the '80s Chrysler New Yorker Fifth
Avenue Editions.

With that in mind, does it mean I can exchange computers between these
cars? Let's say, for example, my spark control computer was not working
correctly. Could I go to my wrecking yard and pull one from an '80s 5th
Ave. and just drop it into my Imperial, "Plug 'N Play" style?

Or are the Imperial computers programmed differently, somehow?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb one.

Nat Hall
1982 Imperial Coupe
1987 Chrysler New Yorker