IML: Great Race Report 3- Imperial Expeditionary Force (61)

IML: Great Race Report 3- Imperial Expeditionary Force (61)

Well, it was too late last night for a report, and it will be quick this AM.  We're off at 7:45 this morning.  Yesterday, we did very well in 5 of 6 measured legs, and we don't know why we scored notably worse on the last one, bringing our daily score to 1 minute 36 seconds, a bit worse overall than our previous days!  Even though that beat some of our other rookie competitors, we have now dropped from 5th in rookie to 11th, because of our newer car (older cars get a multipier less than one on thier actual scores - our factor is 1.00), and because of out consistency day-to-day (lowest of three scores was dropped today, some others had worse days to drop).  Oh well - more days to go!.

Weather was nice yesterday, cool and not to wet.  We had some terrific welcomes as we crossed Ohio, stopping in Wheeling, WV, then Cambridge, Zanesville, and Dublin.  Local car clubs had lots of their cars on display, bands played, closed streets were lined with crowds - quite the parties!  Some teams have hand-out cards with pictures and descriptions of their cars, to give the kids, who go around collecting them.  So last night, I made up some of ours and sized them 4 to the page and found a 24 hr Kinko's to print and cut a hundred of them for us.

Mechanically, we're OK I think.  The engine is sweet.  The horn has returned all on its own. When I tied together the up contact of the driver's window (dead) with the same contact pin for the left rear window, I got a surprise: using the left rear switch for both makes them go in OPPOSITE directions!  Its OK, because I can hold both momentarily and get the effect I need. Weird and I can't even imagine how that happened!  We have an annoying squeak in the rear whenever we're on power.  I'll get under this AM (hence the short note).  I hope it's just rubbing exhaust pipes or something.

For now, and for the Imperial Expeditionary Force/Farce, jjc

<<winmail.dat>>