IML: '55 hesitation

Hi all-

My ’55 sedan just started hesitating while at cruising speed.  It is acting as though it is momentarily starved for gas, then it runs fine, then starved again.  If I take my foot off the accelerator pedal and get back on it runs fine again for a bit before it hesitates again.

Since I got her back on the road last fall she has run like a top.  It still starts and idles fine- no problems there.  And the only time it hesitates is when she is warm and running down the road.  I installed a new fuel filter and put a can of Seafoam in the tank (always filled w/93 octane).  It has been warm here lately and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  The carb was rebuilt last year and, like I said, she has run fine up until now.  I still have the stone filter inline (for looks as the Wix pre-filters for it).  The clear bowl is only about 20% full while idling and the stone looks clean.

Any suggestions or input?  I have really been enjoying driving the old girl lately (gas prices be damned) and look forward to solving this riddle ASAP.  Thanks in advance for any help/direction on this.

Jim Poltrock

Salem, WI.

’55 sedan

Wisteria blue/rhapsody in blue