Re: IML: 1981 - 1983 IMPERIAL QUESTION

Hi Burt, The steering wheel crystal will not fit the opera lamps. Chrysler was selling a plastic crystal that was on other makes, they may still have them, but they do not have the Cartier logo. I have re-glued original crystals with black RTV sealant and haven't lost one yet. I do have a couple of used sets of the original "Cartier Crystals" . Bob
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:04 PM
Subject: IML: 1981 - 1983 IMPERIAL QUESTION

I am restoring a 1982 Imperial. I have three 1981-1983 Imperials - one project car and two parts cars. None of the three cars have the crystal pentastar on the exterior opera lights on the "B" pillar. A friend who has two 1981-1983 Imperials says they were glued on and have all fallen off - and new parts are not available.

What I am thinking about doing is glueing the crystal pentastar from the steering wheel horn pad to the opera lights. I think it will fit and I have two of those pentastars. The question is what glue should I use? I am thinking about "gorilla" glue because I am impressed by their advertising claims.

Any thoughts on my proposal?

Burt Bouwkamp