Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:05 PM
To: Imperial Club
Subject: IML: 1981 - 1983 IMPERIAL QUESTION

I am restoring a 1982 Imperial. I have three 1981-1983 Imperials - one project car and two parts cars. None of the three cars have the crystal pentastar on the exterior opera lights on the "B" pillar. A friend who has two 1981-1983 Imperials says they were glued on and have all fallen off - and new parts are not available.

What I am thinking about doing is glueing the crystal pentastar from the steering wheel horn pad to the opera lights. I think it will fit and I have two of those pentastars. The question is what glue should I use? I am thinking about "gorilla" glue because I am impressed by their advertising claims.

Any thoughts on my proposal?

Burt Bouwkamp