Re: IML: 1973 Brakes are "wrong"

--- Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   If the booster is fairly new, it may still be
> under warranty.  I'm  guessing that it's a rebuilt
> unit, and I've seen lots of faulty rebuilt  parts in
> the past several years.  A friend of mine just
> replaced a  booster for the second time this
> weekend, since the rebuilt one he got  at Advance
> recently almost immediately started leaking vacuum.
>

>   Best luck!
>
>   Elijah

Yes, I'm suspecting a faulty part.  The only logic
conundrum on this is that the booster was changed
previously and was working great with the old system.

Therefore I conclude that it is something in the new
system.  Another had suggested an incorrect part no in
the mix.  That could be, but my parts-man is
one-of-a-kind who has been specializing in Mopar
Muscle for 20 years.  Not to say that someone didn't
hand him a bad part, but he's a really accurate guy
that makes me look good because I don't have to look
all over the place for stuff - he knows people and
that's that.

I have a message in to him.

My bet at this point is that it's either the MC or the
Booster.  Parts went on a year ago and I got
frustrated at it.  Time to get off my butt and really
nail this.  I want to return Imperial Margarine to
service and drive it!

---

The rotors are to spec and everything else is new.

---

thanks for the replies - keep em coming if there's
other thoughts out there.

Kenyon Wills