Re: IML: 1973 Brakes are "wrong" - booster suspected

Re: IML: 1973 Brakes are "wrong" - booster suspected

Elijah Scott gets triple fuselage bonus points for
correctly identifying the brake booster as the likely
culprit.  I'm soooo impressed with you, Elijah!!  I
owe you a lunch at McDonalds for that at least.

Logic failure: part new/worked before I worked on
other stuff so therefore can't be the problem.

Likely source of problem:  Manual bleeding can
hyper-extend the diaphram in the booster and tear it,
causing the 50% deficiency that I experienced due to
dual, redunant diaphrams, says the company that
rebuilt it.

This sounds promising and "feels" like the answer.
Hope I don't have to pay to have this thing rebuilt
AGAIN.

I bought an automatic bleeder recently, and will use
that in the future, replacing my 10-year-old
magician's apprentice to force the fluid through the
lines.

More on this when I'm locking all four wheels (I
hope).

Kenyon Wills