Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Imperial incident (stuck float)

What's with these simple mechanical devices? My 64 convertible did/does the same. Fill it up and the gauge would only go to 3/4, sometimes slightly above. Checked the gauge, it is fine. Paid $225 for a new sending unit from a Chrysler parts guy In Temecula (the sending unit was specific for Imperial), put it in and - same thing - no difference.

Started reading about grounding the gas tank - the tank was nicely painted as well as the straps - so, I ran a ground wire from the frame to the sending unit tang that sticks out next to the fuel line.

Bang! Same thing - won't show full. Now what? Actually, it doesn't really matter anymore. The car sucks up the gasoline so quickly, that it would never be on the full mark for more than ten minutes, anyway.

Jay D'Angelo
Las Vegas
64 Iml Cvt