Re: IML: "Overhaulin" my 1970

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
It looks as if you used cast pistons from the cost. Is this true and do you know what the compression ration is?
I don't remember what type of pistons were used.

The original compression ratio was 9.0 (down from 9.7 the previous year).  The heads were milled to compensate for a slight warpage, performance head gaskets were used, and I believe the new pistons also contributed to higher compression.  It's probably close to 10.

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron