Re: IML: Unleaded gas effects

It is true that mileage suffers a little with E-85 compared to 90/10 unleaded, but a recent experiment by a fuel dealer using 2 identical vehicles, I think they were GMC Pickups,  on a fairgrounds track.  He unhooked the regular fuel  tanks, and used a 2 gallon tank, put both vehicles on cruise at 35 MPH, and ran them until they ran out of gas.  As I recall, the E-85 truck only went a couple miles less than the gasoline fueled truck.  I get larger variations per tank when I run down the road.
At the time, gas was around $3, while E-85 was about 2.60.  I haven't looked at E-85 this week, but gas was $2.00 in Urbana today.

Also, I have heard that E-85  has a very low energy content. Read somewhere that  mileage drops to 50-75% of that which you get with gasoline so it is not such a bargain.