Re: IML: 65 Crown Speakers: 4 OHM Compatible with 8 OHM Radio???

Re: IML: 65 Crown Speakers: 4 OHM Compatible with 8 OHM Radio???

You can go to radio shack and get a small-magnet
speaker for your car.  If what they have does not
match the oval one that might have come out of your
car (likely), you can go to a company that does
heating ducts out of sheetmetal and they have all the
tools to cut out a template that will fit the new
speaker (get a round one if you can) and then use
shears to match the outside to the existing hole and
act as an adapter.  I rubbed on a paper over the hole
in the dash to create a template for the dash-opening
- had them make the piece slightly larger and it fit
great.

The radio shack speakers are sorta nice because
they're cheap enough to have some limitations and
sound "original" - sorta tinny and without much bass.

If you put a speaker into a hole that it does not fit,
you want to isolate each side from the other, so that
as the speaker vibrates, it is acting on different,
segregated air volumes, and not vibrating the same air
 - which is why speakers come in boxes or get put into
things and don't hang free.  That's why I used the
sheetmetal - to isolate each side of the speaker cone
from the other.

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills