RE: IML: '60 headlight pushed the button, won't come out!

RE: IML: '60 headlight pushed the button, won't come out!

Email is a rotten medium.  Your words as I read them
to myself are not allowing me to viualize precisely
what you are trying to do.

I have a spare dash with switch and can look at it to
try to answer you.

What I hear you asking is:

"Want to remove the entire HL switch assembly from the
dash panel."

When I'm in my car thinking in my vocabulary, I see a
"knob" on a shaft that is pulled, not pushed, as the
"push"-buttons on the trans are, so want to make
certain that we're talking the same thing here.

There is another question in there that could be a
request to know how the knob itself comes off of the
shaft, irregardless of the relationship of the switch
to the dashboard.

Sorry I'm so limited, but want to know more so that I
look at the right widget for you.

--- richard burgess <lecrown60@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the input, I need more.  I am trying to
> get the switch out of the dash pod that was
> completely removed from my parts car.  100% access.
> I had seen the button and pushed it before I wrote
> thinking, well, that must not be it as the knob did
> not move.  After reading the return emails I pushed
> the button and PULLED on the knob to absolutely no
> avail.  Already had the dash guage out on the Crown,
> tried the button on it too, it won't come out
> either.  Suggestions? Richard
>
> "Michael O. Mann" <mann340s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:Rich,
>
> If your switch is like almost every headlight switch
> used in the 50's and 60's, and IF you can reach the
> back easily, feel for a small spring loaded button,
> about 4 mm across.  Push in on it, and gently pull
> the knob and shaft out of the switch.  Then a
> retainer ring on the front will be removable.
>
> If this is not easy to check, wait for input from
> someone with more solid knowledge of your car.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Michael

>  Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million
> songs. Try it free.

Kenyon Wills