Sent:
Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:40 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML:  Was Chrysler and the Feds/now turn signalsl

In '61 the Imperial once again had a regular turn signal lever. This lever was used also in '62 & '63. It is somewhat flimsy, and is often broken off, usually due to being bashed by a knee upon entering the vehicle. Tell your mechanics to BE CAREFUL!

The dash mounted signal activator was not universally liked, and often drew crticism in road test reports. I believe that this began in 1957, with a rocker switch below the transmission push buttons, and continued in various forms through 1960.

Paul W.