Re: IML: first hemi

When I get home i will check my reference books but various European manufacturers were using hemi headed engines for racing prior to the first world war (before 1914).

Riley in the UK were mass producing (well they made over 50,000) hemi headed engines from 1927 through to 1955.

As 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and V8 engines, the six cylinder engine formed the bassis of the engine used in ERA racing cars.

Regards

Nigel Plant

L*80 Locke Convertible Coupe