IML: Spun Bearing - in block cure?

I have a 1962 that has an awful knocking sound.  It
was run for less than 2 minutes on this condition by
me, but came to me this way.  PO said it ran "fine"
but a bad starter prevented me from hearing the sound
when transacting the deal.

$900, so I can't complain too loudly, but it would
have been nicer without the catastrophic engine
problem.

Anyway:

Removed the engine yesterday and dis-assembled today.

Broken con-rod bolt with nut on bottom of the pan.

Spun the bearing and took out the ones next to it as
well.

So now I have a crank still in the block with streaky
grooves in it from the bearing spinning.

Seems to me that the bearing material is softer than
the crank.

Con Rod and con-rod cap are sound.  Seems to me that I
could put new bearings in, re-assemble, and run it if
I had some way to treat the crank (hopefully in the
engine!).

How would one polish this out?
Can it be done in-block?

 -or is it a fool's errand?

I really don't want to take the crank out if I can
avoid it.  Was hoping to mend it and put it back
together on the cheap without boiling the block or
anything fancy as the engine has very low miles.

Thanks IML!

Kenyon Wills