Re: IML: brake conversions and parts

Regarding the brake conversions, personally I dont care if you want to use all original stuff, a disc conversion or drag you heels on the ground ala Fred Flinstone. God help you if you rear end me and I survive, if Im in my Imperial I will no doubt be capable of it and will beat the daylights out of you for hitting me and I will sit happily in jail while my lawyer goes after you. If I am in one of my other vehicles, then I may just have to let my lawyer go for the blood while I recuperate.

That being said, rather tongue in cheek, todays thread on brakes ( which basically repeated the last thread we had on this topic ) did bring up some great points and the main one that appealed to me is you cant anticipate the idiot in the imported crumple zone that just cut you off .

Recently I got an email from a long time friend and fellow 62 owner who actually has purchased the AAJ conversion stuff. I would like to share what Scott shared with me about the parts themselves and let it go from there. They use the original spindle, so the geometry and such of the front end is not affected and it certainly would be removable at a later date. The big plus to me, a dual master cyl. Having a separate circuit in the event of a ruptured line or leaky wheel cylinder is a definite safety improvement. I know some out there will disdain using f*rd and cn*&y parts on a mopar, Ill take the price and availability of these parts anytime. ( And no, I have not had any significant difficulty in finding parts for my car, even the notably hard to get things like driveshaft support, trans mount, heater control valve and ac vacuum switch. They arent easy to find, but they are out there.)

Here is the information that Scott passed along, fwiw and to each their own.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe

<Mike ...
<AAJ brakes ...I've talked w/ Roger up there several times myself. What a cool guy.
<He recommended I get just the brackets fr him ... and procure the other parts locally... he sent <the parts list... and I got the bearings, rotors, lines, calipers and dual mc., fr a parts store buddy <of mine in cinti
<Mike ...
<w/ regards to AAJ addtnl' parts....
<Rotors: 73-74 Ford F100
<Calipers: 71-76 Impala
<Outer Wheel bearing: A34
<Inner Wheel bearings: A13
<Oil Seal: 44053
<Brake Hoses: 76 Monte Carlo
<the great thing is we use the original spindles....
<I was talking to Lowell Howell.. a couple months ago ... and he had said Roger came down <and picked up one of each spindle Lowell had .... so he could fit /make the adapter plates