RE: IML: 66 imperial rear wheel bearings

RE: IML: 66 imperial rear wheel bearings

Marty,

I just replaced the rear axle bearings on my ’67 and they also had to be chiseled off.  It wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.  A good hand grinder (a Makita for me) and a sharp hard chisel are a must.  But after you get the old ones off you need a way to get the new ones on the axle.  I have a 12 ton press (available from Harbor Freight tools for about $100) which made installing the new bearings a breeze.  Plus the press came in pretty handy for changing out the lower ball joints up front.

Ken

67 Crown 4 DrHT

69 Satellite

63 Power Wagon